Principal Mechanical Design Engineer (£50,000 – £65,000 + Benefits)
SoCode are searching for a Principal Mechanical Design Engineer for a large global Electronics business based in the heart of Cambridge. Our client is growing strongly in 2018 and requires a highly experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with experience and skills across the full development lifecycle; from technical specification through design and verification, and into product integration and mass production.
This role requires a candidate capable of delivering highly robust and thoroughly tested mechanical design solutions as well as one capable of leading Mechanical Development on new product development projects, ensuring that they are delivered on schedule and to excellent quality standards.
Their beautiful offices are based just North of Cambridge (7-9 miles from the city centre)
A successful candidate will possess:
- Detail experience as a Mechanical Engineer with considerable product development experience.
- Experience with CAD packages such as Creo/Pro.
- Experience of specifying technical requirements and leading small mechanical design sub teams to deliver against these requirements.
- Experience of design and test for rugged environmental conditions.
- Experience of electro-mechanical packaging (PCB housing, switches, buttons, PCB interconnects, LCDs).
- Sound knowledge of plastic injection moulding techniques and low-cost manufacturing.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Our clients are offering an attractive salary ranging from £50,000 - £65,000 including generous benefits such as flexible working hours, attractive pension, etc.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme. If you have any friends, family or colleagues looking for a new position in the near future then tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with a thank you present to show our appreciation. This usually comes in the form of an IWatch, iPad, smart TV or Spa weekend.