Linux Systems Administrator - Cambridge - £40,000 to £55,000
SoCode have partnered with one of the fastest growing companies in Cambridge focussed on the Fintech sector who are currently looking to bring on a Linux Systems Administrator. This company have made recent acquisitions, which has accelerated their growth. This company is based 15 minutes outside of the city centre with parking.
Due to the company’s growth they’re looking for a Linux System Administrator who is looking to delve into a role which will lead to a career path as a Devops Engineer. Due to this a cloud or DevOps background is preferable, but if you don’t have these skills then this could be a great chance to learn something new and broaden your skill set.
Your new role will be to support manage and improve IT Systems on premise, or over secure cloud hosted environments. You will be planning and deploying software rollouts at regular intervals using automated technologies and will work on projects to design, test and deliver technical solutions for the company’s IT strategy. Due to the nature of the role, you could be working alone or within teams to meet the defined timescales which will be focussed on operational environments (2nd / 3rd line support). You will be managing customer facing monitoring systems which will mean taking the lead on ensuring the processes are compliant and auditable processes are in place.
Ideally you will be experience within the following:
• Linux, AWS, CI/CD or other relevant qualifications.
• Significant experience in designing and implementing complex on premise, co-located and cloud hosted, highly available, secure, robust and scalable operational environments.
• Red Hat 6 and its derivatives onward.
• Amazon Web Services.
• CI/CD, Chef, Splunk and Terraform.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the operations field.
• Strong analytical skills, task-focused problem solver.
• Understands the need for robust change control procedures, and comfortable working in such an environment.
We anticipate the successful candidate will be on a salary of between £40k to £55k DOE with a personal performance bonus, private medical care, life assurance, 5% pension, free parking and 25 days holiday. There is also a beneficial flexible working scheme and this role is only contracted for 35 hours per week.
This is an opportunity to work within a truly fantastic team of people and a company that cares about their employees. To find out more about this company or the role on offer feel free to call Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode on 01223 656729 or email me on Bradleigh@socode.co.uk