Lead Java / Python Developer – Cambridge
SoCode are extremely proud to be working with a highly attractive start-up who are growing quickly within the Cambridge market – this machine learning company have come on leaps and bounds in the last few years and are now heading out of their early start-up days whilst trying to remain flexible.
This role will be working alongside a team of Java and Python engineers on the company’s core Machine Learning platform. This middle tier management role will have plenty of influence within the business and will ideally remain 50% hands on with Java and/or Python development assisting the team wherever possible whilst completing appraisals, assisting with recruitment throughout the team and spearheading projects for the business.
Collaboration and communication skills are going to be key within this role and we are looking for individuals who can add value to the business from day one as well as those who have proven experience leading a successful development team.
What to expect:
- A company with huge ambitions,
- Extreme amounts of opportunity for career progression and personal growth,
- True leadership and a fantastic future vision,
- An exciting and broad tech stack,
- A comfortable step into the world of ML
- Competitive salary & benefits package,
Essential Skill Set:
- Java and/or Python development experience (at least 3-5 years),
- Experience working with micro services or N-Tier architecture
- Exceptional communication skills,
- Experience managing a team of developers,
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team that believes in shares ownership,
if you wish to apply for this role, please send your CV to Colt@socode.co.uk or feel free to apply below.
if you know anyone that would be suitable for this opportunity, SoCode offer a fantastic referral fee. Get in touch!