Job title: Technical Writer / Product Lead
Location: Cambridge or London
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £65,000 (DOE)
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode are delighted to be partnering with a fast growing, award winning, technology company that specialise in content management platforms. They are seeking a Technical Writer / Product Lead to join their friendly, dynamic team. This role can either be based in Cambridge or London (in the Farringdon area).
This position would also suit a Product Owner or a Business Analyst, with a flare for visual design - you may even be an engineer looking to move into technical authoring!
You will be responsible for delivering high quality documentation and defining the company’s tone of voice. Once a technical documentation framework has been put in place, this role will transition into a Product Lead role, conducting user research and developing product and platform roadmap concepts.
You will be responsible for…
- Collaborating on research, design, analysis and production of technical documents
- Creating, maintaining and delivering effective technical documentation
- Creating clear, concise education materials (help articles, support, tutorials etc.) in order to help the end-users get the most out of the products and services
- Authoring clear API and technology platform documentation (SDK, UI standards, Accessibility guidelines etc.) that will enable users, developers etc. to efficiently configure clients sites
- Capturing and consolidating user requirements for enhancements and features
- Design visual representations (videos, graphics, diagrams etc.) that augment written documentation
- Define writing guidelines, document standards and communication best practises to be utilised across the business
- Review and restructure documentation written by developers, architects, and other subject matter experts
You will have the following skills/experience …
- Analysing, organising and presenting technical concepts clearly
- Embracing change easily and adapting to new technologies, methodologies and techniques
- Proactive and skilled at extracting and synthesising information from a variety of matters across the business
- Managing several projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Brilliant English oral and writing skills (technical writing experience is preferred)
- Understanding of common web technologies, with competence in HTML and CSS (preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience working for an enterprise software organisation (preferred)
SoCode Recruitment are a dedicated team of specialist recruitment consultants who cover the Cambridge Technology market. We have a dedicated consultant for each division, and we cover all aspects of technology, from Software Development and Testing to Senior Appointments and business support roles.