Job title: Technical Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000 - £45,000
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a Junior Technical Support Engineer/Grad in Cambridge looking to immerse yourself in a challenging new role with progression opportunities?
I’ve got an exciting opportunity with a start-up telecommunications company based in Cambridge who are seeking a technical support engineer to join them on a permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity and would suit a Technical Support Engineer/Graduate who is looking to pursue a career as either a software tester or developer.
It is essential for this role that you can work indefinitely in the UK and have a full clean driving license. This role will require occasional travel to various locations in the UK and globally.
You would be responsible for…
- Training and support demonstrations of equipment to customers
- Researching, troubleshooting, diagnosing, and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- Following procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate teams
- Carry out lab, field test and verification of equipment integrated with standard telecoms networking equipment.
- Ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Supporting field deployments and on-going operation of microwave communications equipment.
- To plan and execute trials of mmWave communications equipment at customer premises and other locations, including analysis and resolution of networking problems. This will include indoor and outdoor locations, both in the UK and abroad.
- Have a degree in a relevant subject (Computer Science/Engineering etc.)
- Be familiar with installing, configuring, and operating networking equipment – especially configuration of IP routers and VLAN configuration
- Have expertise of networking protocols, sufficient to diagnose and resolve networking problems in deployment
- Feel comfortable in a customer facing role
- Have some experience with Python and Linux and scripting
- Be reasonably physically fit as you may have to handle equipment out in the field
- Be flexible to travel to customer sites in the UK and globally (if required)
- Be familiar with trouble ticket systems and SW/HW development systems (Confluence, JIRA)
- Be organised and have a proactive approach to troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Have familiarity with Virtual Machines and Docker, along with excellent problem-solving and communication skills
SoCode Recruitment are a dedicated team of specialist recruitment consultants who cover the Cambridge Technology market. We have a dedicated consultant for each division, and we cover all aspects of technology, from Software Development and Testing to Senior Appointments and business support roles.