Job Title: Technical Author
Job Type: Contact (6 months)
Rate: £30 - £35 per hour
Start Date: 1st September
SoCode Recruitment are working with an exciting technology company based in Cambridge. They are seeking an experienced Technical Author to work alongside them on a contract basis of 6 months.
You will be working within the Product Engineering Team in Cambridge to produce customer facing documentation. This is a small team of technical writers, working alongside agile development teams, who are also primarily based in Cambridge.
As a Technical Author, you will be responsible for:
- Writing clear and jargon-free technical documentation for customers who want to install, use and customise the security products
- Collaborating with the Engineering team to research and originate new content
- Building great relationships with Product Managers, Tech Support and Developers
- Experimenting with innovative ways to make the technical content meet the evolving needs of the customers
- Editing and improving technical documentation written by peers or the wider Engineering teams
- Supporting other teams in the delivery of compliance and certificate documentation
Essential skills/qualifications required for the role:
- Experience with git and “Docs like code” practises
- 3 – 5 years of technical writing experience in an agile software environment
- Experience with AsciiDoc or Markdown
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (equivalent qualification or experience)
- A baseline security clearance
- Knowledge of security software and hardware products
- Familiarity of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
- Proficiency with Madcap Flare
- Experience of CLI, scripting and creating API and SDK documentation
If you possess the above skills and have links/blogs or open sources to examples of your work, we welcome these as part of your application.
If you would like to have a confidential chat about this role, or any other roles advertised on our website, please do not hesitate to get in touch.