SoCode are searching for an experienced Solutions Architect for our Cambridge based client - a well known and long established Enterprise Scale Global Publishing Company. Our client is going through a facinating of change and transformation - to which this role will play a significant part in a fast moving organisation.
This is a key role in the Architecture Team - the Solutions Architect will help to provide the designs context, decision making frameworks, guidance and governance that enable the business to make the better decisions about enterprise and solution architecture.
In this diverse role, we're looking for someone to work with the business, domain and enterprise architects, business analysts, business leaders and other subject matter expert colleagues to advise, analyse, design and document architectural solutions.Working as part of the architecture team to develop and enhance the architectural framework, governance processes and architecture repository you will support continual improvement and engagement of the enterprise and solution architecture practice across the company.
What we’re looking for
A highly experienced IT professional who can work across various disciplines, business units, and architecture domains to support change initiatives. This role requires a considerable ability to handle complexity; self-management and emotional intelligence skills are crucial, as is the ability to remain objective and to influence and advise others on the strength of excellent evidence-based analysis and communication.
The Solution Architect will need to be comfortable working with partial or assumed information, high levels of change, often fluid requirements and multiple projects concurrently, all of which may have dynamic priorities that the job holder will need to respond to. Communication and collaboration are key factors to the successful role of Solution Architect. The mix of good technical skill and the ability to collaborate are crucial to the job. You should be viewed as a trusted advisor in the enterprise by the IT organization, the clients they serve, and senior leaders.
Skills & Experience
• An all-rounder with broad knowledge across all technical and non-technical aspects of solution architecture and design, including maintaining an awareness of wider industry trends
• Senior software design, engineering or systems analysis backgrounds, possibly in a leadership role, and be able to demonstrate significant customer-facing experience and architecture/design responsibility.
• The successful candidate will have wide ranging experience of solutions design in a broad range of technical environments together with skills in requirements validation, process modelling, systems analysis, and in-depth knowledge of common architectural styles and patterns. We are seeking expertise in service-oriented and event-driven architectures and designing for security and scalability
• Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audience; ability to communicate contextual narrative using story telling techniques
• Passionate about driving innovation, provide thought leadership, hunger for learning and critical thinking skills to find innovative solutions
• Experience in data management, data modelling and model-based insights to create value and drive effective decision making
Rewards & Next Steps:
Our client will be looking at a total compensation in the £65,000-£85,000 range this will come with a large holiday allowance (35 days), pension (30%) and an exceptional and very tax efficient benefits package for the employee and their family.
The business is currently working remotely due to COVID but post-pandemic some time on site will be required (2d pw approx)
This is open for Permanent Employees only and interviews will be scheduled from 1st April 2021.
For more information or to apply - please forward your CV and we'll be in touch.