We are working with a Cambridge based product design consultancy that specialise within medical and consumer devices. The company works with a wide range of clients, from small start-ups to blue chip organisations, and are expanding across the business due to increasing demand on workload.
They are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Software Group Lead to manage, build and develop the software team’s capabilities. The ideal candidate will have previous management experience as well as a strong technical background, with experience working across the full SDLC in a regulated environment.
- Line management and leadership of the software group team members.
- Resource management for training, project resource allocation and interviewing new recruits.
- Maintaining and developing the teams’ capabilities via long term capacity planning and recruitment.
- Presentation and communication within all levels of the business internally and with clients.
- Supporting the company’s sales process with technical knowledge.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proven experience of leading software teams.
- Experience across the full software development life cycle, from architecture and design through to deployment, within a regulated environment – Software development for medical devices (IEC 62305) and medical device risk management (ISO 14971) preferred.
- Experience programming in C/C++ at both application level (Windows OS) and on embedded software (RTOS).