Job title: Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode Recruitment are recruiting a Software Development Engineer in Test on behalf of a utilities company. You will be joining a small and friendly team who are based in Huntingdon.
As a software developer in test, you will be responsible for…
- Automation of test execution by setting up the environments whereby test cases can be automatically run as part of the software build process.
- Identifying areas of improvement to drive out efficiencies in process, technology and architecture.
- Automation and scripting of data maintenance and configuration.
- Configuration Management of test environments to ensure they are as close to the live environment as is practical.
- Lead on increasing the automation of all types of testing within the CD pipeline including rollback process.
- The production and maintenance of testing strategy/approach documentation.
- Responsible for the creation and execution of test cases, reporting and testing bugs.
- Shared responsibility with the delivery team regarding testing strategies.
- Set up, maintain and operate test automation frameworks.
- Ability to build different test scenarios, acceptance tests and automate the generation of test data required.
- Ability to create and perform non-functional tests for performance and security for microservices.
- Creation of exploratory testing charters.
- Lead on the utilisation of/communication with, 3rd party testing company to perform exploratory testing.
- To feed into the overall estimation planning regarding resource time and duration required for any tasks.
You will have knowledge/experience in…
- One or more of C#, VB .NET, Java, Python, Perl, Raku or similar programming languages
- Working with “AGILE + DevOps” process management methodology.
- Testing methods, preferably ISTQB CTFL-AuT certified or equivalent experience.
- The implementation of Security (SECOPS), Performance and smoke testing.
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Test Automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver, NUnit, TestNG, etc.
- Gherkin syntax & Azure DEVOPS.
- Must have a proven understanding of CI/CD.
- Understanding of Agile software delivery approach with emphasis around the understanding of user journeys, customer needs and use of personas.
- Knowledge of databases and database querying, especially SQL database.
- Awareness of Angular SPA Framework, Protractor, GIT, understanding of serverless architecture and ability to configure Mock end points (REST) would be advantageous.