Job title: Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: Chesterfield (flexible remote working)
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £27,900 - £36,500 (depending on your experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a Software Development Engineer in Test looking to progress your career? We are working with one of the world leaders in industrial software whose tools predict the behaviour of industry processes.
They are a global software house, with fantastic offices based in Cambridge, however, they are flexible in terms of remote working. We have worked with this business for a few years now and have placed multiple engineers within this company.
They are looking for an ambitious, analytical, and driven Software Developer in Test who will be responsible for steering and supporting the use of software testing and automation practices, frameworks and tools, across the Plant 3D software development team.
Some of the things you’ll be involved in…
- Working with the development teams, helping improve processes, tools, automation, security and quality and adding value through optimisation
- Overseeing automated deployments to ensure successful implementation and tracking and reporting progress and escalating issues
- Working with Development Managers and stakeholders from the 3D Design product team, defining improvements to software development processes, tools etc.
- Keeping up to date with relevant tools, industry trends, best practises etc.
The ideal candidate will…
- Have hands-on experience of developing software in an OOPs language.
- Experience of requirements capture, implementation to coding standards, software design, code reviews and unit testing
- Source management tools (Git, Mercurial etc.)
- Solid understanding of command line environments (PowerShell, Bash, CMD etc.) as well as a relevant scripting language to support automation
- Experience with CI/CD tools (TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Have excellent communication and relationship management/building skills
- A relevant Degree (Computer Science, Engineering etc.) (beneficial)
- Experience of project management tools (Jira, ADO, TFS etc) (beneficial)
In return, they can offer you…
- An incredible bonus package that you can tailor
- Annual bonus scheme