Job title: Senior Automation Test Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £65,000
Start Date: ASAP
SoCode are delighted to be working exclusively with a Cambridge based Consultancy. We are helping them recruit a Senior Automation Test Engineer who is able to pick up new languages quickly and operate across a range of technologies.
The Senior Automation Test Engineer will be responsible for creating and running tests across a range of embedded devices and software to ensure the devices operate reliably and as expected.
The ideal candidate will…
- Have at least 5 years’ experience of commercial software test development experience
- Possess significant Linux experience
- Have exceptional communication skills
- Be able to cope with old and poorly, maintained, undocumented code
- Have experience with automation testing, including unit tests, API tests and ideally, tests involving IoT Devices
- Be able to pick up new programming languages quickly (C, Python NodeJS and Java would be advantageous)
- Be able to switch between projects on a regular basis
- Have no issue working independently and as part of a team
- Have familiarity with embedded devices/electronics (advantage)