Job Title: Junior QA Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 (Depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Are you a Junior QA Engineer who has some database knowledge and is able to write queries? Would you be interested in working with a company developing products that have a positive impact on the environment? Then look no further!
SoCode are delighted to be partnering with an innovative green-tech company, who are designing and developing cutting edge products to help us achieve a greener and more sustainable future.
Due to huge growth plans for 2021, they are looking to expand their brilliant and dynamic team and are seeking a Junior QA Engineer to work with them on a permanent basis. There is an expectation for the candidates to be in the office full time so if you're looking for remote working, this role won't be for you!
*You will also be required to travel to other locations to perform the duties of the role, including elsewhere in the UK, Europe and worldwide*.
The QA Engineer will be involved in…
- Manual and Automation testing
- Software testing using appropriate software tools
- Creating testing environments, test plans and test cases
- Component testing, end to end integration testing, User Acceptance Testing, regression testing
- Maintaining and developing test evidence
- Developing an understanding of the existing and new products, including test plan creation, execution and reporting
- Execute test plans on product updates and new products
They will have…
- 1-5 years’ commercial experience of software testing (backend) (essential)
- Familiarity with programming languages (Python, Java) (essential)
- Experience in API automation with Postman, or similar, and automated tools and frameworks like Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Cucumber, or SOAP UI (essential)
- Architecting, designing, and developing automation frameworks for testing web-based UI applications, SOAP based Web-services and REST based web services (Micro-services) (essential)
- Regression Testing experience - Jenkins / GIT (CI/CD) – (essential)
- Windows Server based services, Mobile apps, (iOS and Android) and embedded software
- Knowledge of the SDLC and best practice
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Great communication skills; customers, colleagues’ managers