SoCode has partnered with a high calibre software and technology company who are focussed on the games industry, working alongside the most popular AAA games in the world. Due to growth, they are looking for a Product Support Specialist / 1st Line Support Engineer to join their team. Their office is a 10-minute cycle from Cambridge central station, or from Orchard Park.
They are looking for a driven Technical Support Engineer, who enjoys a fun working environment and is passionate about about learning and development.
Your daily responsibilities will include:
- Providing a charismatic and rapport building customer service to their customers, which could include over the phone, email, or forums.
- You will be organising and nurturing the gaming community for their online gaming competitions
- In the more technical area of the role you will be working to support the Software Development team, with testing new software features.
- Within this role we expect people to develop beyond the daily responsibilities, so we are looking for a passion for assisting the testing team, learning to code, or working with the marketing team (Depending on your own personal ambitions and interests)
To be successful you will be:
- Technically savvy, and able to pick up new technologies and technical concepts quickly.
- You will be able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Have a charismatic personality, with great communication skills, both in written and spoken English to be able to build rapport with users.
Ideally, we would be looking for people who have configured their routers, trouble-shooter network problems, have an interest in software development and enjoy playing online games!
This role will be paying between £18,000 to £22,000 with good career progression.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk