SoCode has partnered with a financial services company in Cambridge who are looking to add an Information Security Engineer to their team. This role is for a mid-level engineer, who will have the opportunity to obtain qualifications in Ethical hacking, and CISSP.
You will be the sole technical resource for information security. So, experience in leading/implementing security standards such as ISO 27001 and PCI DSS are highly valued for this position
Your responsibilities within this role will include:
- Be able to develop, document and implement information security policies, plans and procedures.
- Review and redesign internal processes and systems to ensure information confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Raising Information Security awareness across the company
- Performing internal security assessment such as penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, network discovery to ensure high standards of security.
- Performing internal audits to measure compliance with documented information security processes and policy.
- Defining and maintaining a record of compliance obligations mapping the evidence required to demonstrate alignment.
- Ensuring that all changes to IT infrastructure and applications are approved and any security related issues addressed.
- You will also be involved in the vulnerability management processes using Tenable.io
- Assisting with the company's annual PCI-DSS and ISO27001 audits providing evidence where required.
- Provide security advice to both technical and non-technical employees. This includes recommendations for security baselining, best practices, and day to day work.
- Administrate the Darktrace setup to monitor the network for security anomalies and then investigate potential threats as they are identified.
- Assist the IT Operations team with AWS, Windows and Linux system administration should they require extra resource.
- Coordinate outsourced penetration testing activities and provide guidance to the internal teams for remediation of issues found.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- PCI-DSS / ISO27001 implementation experience
- Knowledge of data protection legislation
- Experience in network security
- Desirable to have experience in ethical hacking
This role is paying up to £40,000 per annum. The benefits include private medical insurance, a personal performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, 6% employer pension contribution, and free parking at the office.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk