SoCode has partnered with a very successful software company based in Cambridge who’re looking to develop a team of Windows DevOps Engineers, and we have several vacancies at all levels, from Mid-level, Senior and Principal. These roles will pay between £45,000, up to £80,000 at the most senior end.
There is a very large and exciting cloud project ongoing, so we are looking for people to come onboard and help with this, alongside improving, modernising and managing their existing CI/CD pipelines. You will be required to build new infrastructure in Jenkins, Azure DevOps and automate everything suitable. You will ideally have a core skillset within related technologies to continuous integration, Continuous Delivery, Build, Packaging and related tools in a Windows Environment. This role is open to Engineers from both a System Administration or a Software Engineering background.
Your new role will require you to:
- Work on the development and adoption of automated software delivery, alongside the related tools and functions:
- You will need to help with contributions to the version-controlled build/deploy scripts as part of Ci/CD pipeline, ensuring the highest standard in review, unit testing and documentation.
- You will need to investigate and propose various improvements to managing deployments, speeding up build/deployment times
- You will be involved in the Scrum planning, backlog maintenance, stand ups, spring reviews and working with the other team members such as Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
To be successful it will be expected that you have the knowledge, skills and experience in the following:
- Ideally 3 years of more experience within a Microsoft Windows development environment
- Having worked with source control technologies such as Git, Clearcase, TFS and other branching models
- You will need to have experience within Continuous integration / Continuous delivery technologies (Ci/CD) such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Azure DevOps, and CircleCi etc.
- Azure Cloud experience and working with the package management of Azure DevOps.
- Strong scripting experience in PowerShell, Batch scripting, or C# (.NET Framework/core)
- Building tools and compilers
It would be desirable if:
- You had experience working with agile methodologies such as scrum, in an agile environment.
- A degree within Computer Science, engineering or another numerate subject.
- Containerisation experience with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes/container service.
- Experience integrating static analysis and code quality tools such as Sonarqube, Checkmarx, or Whitesource
- A salary between £45,000 up to £80,000 based on experience
- 10% bonus
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holiday
- Pension – up to 10% employer contribution
- Life insurance
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- Medical / Dental cover
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk