SoCode has partnered with a start-up business who’re opening their first office in Cambridge. This is a company who already have an established product out in the public domain which has been extremely successful. They’re now developing their product 2.0 and have ceased relationships which the consultancies that originally built the hardware and software, so that they can bring this in house.
They’re looking for a permanent Server-Side Cloud Engineer, who is happy to work fully remotely, with a face to face meeting in Cambridge once per month.
Your new role will report into the Head of Research and Development and be part of the R & D team. You will be part of a team of hardware and software engineers, covering all parts of the software development lifecycle. The team will be responsible for developing new ideas, concepts, requirement capturing, design, final testing and entering production.
What we are ideally looking for is a talented Senior Software Engineer who has experience of programming in Java and GoLang (at least 6 months experience) who is also happy to take on several DevOps responsibilities as part of the role. It is essential to have experience with AWS.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Interpret system specifications to produce software functional specifications/prototypes
- Server-Side Cloud Engineering design and documentation
- Management of unit testing and release management
- Provide technical input into product manuals/data sheets
- Responsible for DevOps
- Support of hardware engineering and production department for software design related issues
- Ensuring that software design follows the company hardware and quality procedures
- Experience of integration testing in the context of client-server-based services
- Attention to detail in terms of specifications and being able to contribute to contractual specifications using key technologies
- Should be able to develop server-side scripts and API's to support device requests
To be successful you will need to have experience in:
- AWS Lambdas
- Various other technologies - HTTPS GET/PUT/POST requests and/or FTP/SFTP.
- A good understanding of Java based solutions (for a small part of legacy tech)
In return the company will offer a salary upto £60,000 with extensive share options.
At SoCode, we pride ourselves on an attractive referral scheme.
If you have Friends, Family or Colleagues looking for a new position in the near future tell them to contact us by either phone or email ensuring they provide us with your name. If we successfully find them a new position, we will provide you with thank you present to show our appreciation.
For further information, and to learn how you can become part of this company’s future please contact Bradleigh Barnes at SoCode by submitting your CV to Bradleigh@Socode.co.uk