SoCode is supporting an innovative start up as they seek to launch their ground breaking products into the Energy sector. Having successfully gained traction in working with major players in transport infrastructure, they now want to utilise their technology in the offshore wind and renewable field.
They seek an accomplished Business Developer with significant knowledge and understanding of engineering principles. Ideally a qualified engineer with hands on experience in the Energy sector, the Business Development Manager will seek to establish engage prospective customers and solve real life problems. Working in partnership to modify existing products to revolutionise field maintenance and efficiency of supply.
- Identify, qualify, pursue, and capture sales opportunities with the objective of maximizing sales.
- Collaborate closely with R&D department to ensure the smooth delivery of services to the market and meeting customer needs.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all current and future regulations and legislation pertaining to the energy industry and trends.
- Take full advantage of long-standing customer relations to affect referrals, to network within key energy clients and to provide marketing intelligence with regard to trends, new developments, and competitor activity.
- Creatively reinvent and try new approaches to solving problems that have often never been applied in such contexts before
- Collaborate with internal teams to make sure we execute on all facets to achieve account vision and growth
- Own outreach and relationship management into other parts of the client organization
- Have in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
- Negotiate with stakeholders
- Identify and map business strengths and customer needs
- Research business opportunities and viable income streams
- Follow industry trends locally and internationally
- Draft and review contracts