SoCode has partnered with a rapidly growing Intellectual Property Management (IPM) company based in Cambridge. They are a team of 60 employees and have been running since 1999 servicing mainly the Biotech industry that Cambridge is so well known for. The team is made up of mainly patent attorneys, but they do also have a small tech team that services the employees and their internal applications/databases.
This is currently an evolving role as the business is growing and the tech team are consistently implementing new features into their systems. This candidate would be coming in as an application developer but could eventually evolve into a role where they would be running the whole tech department. This also can be remote but also can be office based if preferred.
- Building and deploying internal applications used to solve real business problems.
- Implementing new features into the business systems.
- Research and development.
- Automated testing.
- Mentoring of junior developers.
- Giving advice and offering solutions.
- Working autonomously without much supervision.
Main skills required for this role:
- Experience with defensive programming.
- Experience working with the full development lifecycle (start to finish)
- Experience developing API’s.
- Good knowledge of relational databases.