SoCode is partnering with an early stage technology business that is looking to grow rapidly this year. The business has just secured further funding and has begun to expand its market presence in 2020. The Financial Controller is now seeking suitable support to aid this growth and wants to develop an Accounts Assistant.
The Accounts Assistant will be joining a close knit team that pride themselves on a supportive and collaborative culture. Personal development is strongly encouraged and the Accounts Assistant will be mentored into ultimately running the finance function.
The business offers a market leading benefits package and free parking!
Core duties will include:
- Matching and coding purchase invoices in line with our purchase ledger process
- Processing and checking expense and travel claims
- Collating and processing payment runs, with input to the bank platform
- Keeping financial records up to date and ensuring accurate data is held
- Reviewing and reconciling the nominal ledger in preparation for the financial statements.
- Performing daily bank reconciliations
- Assisting with recording transaction in foreign entity accounts
- Assisting with cashflow forecasting
- Creating, maintaining and presenting monthly financial reports
- Provide general administrative support to the finance team and Financial Controller
- Updating on the job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and attending professional organisations where appropriate;
- Strong communication skills
- Good IT skills and confident in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Attention to detail and able to produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Willingness to learn and accept responsibly for an all-round, varying accounts position
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks under pressure