2nd Line Support Engineer
Location Cambridge | United Kingdom
Salary Up To £35,000
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work with a leading cutting-edge photonics manufacturer in a varied and exciting IT systems support role – look no further!
The company (based 12 miles from Cambridge) are global leaders in the supply of motion control and vibration isolation products in both the industrial and research sectors. You’ll need to have a keen interest and commercial awareness in understanding IT processes and analysing requirements to assist the development, deployment, and support of their class-leading technology.
You’ll be project managing the deployment of new solutions, providing documentation and training, offering first- and second-line support of business systems, databases, and servers, alongside working closely with the business to understand processes and requirements.
This is a wonderful opportunity to thrive in a positive, goal-driven, and collaborative team environment with the chance to gain customised training and career progression like no other.
- A minimum of five years’ commercial experience in a first- or second-line IT support role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems – including Office 365, Active Directory, Azure, and SQL
- Excellent communications skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An awareness of general manufacturing processes
What You’ll Benefit From
- Class-leading learning and development opportunities with constant training and support
- External training and funded education and annual entity-wide leadership development
- 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
- A company pension scheme
Know someone who might also be interested? Ask them to get in touch – and if we place them in this (or any other) role we’ll send you some vouchers as a thank you.